Welcome to the official XiiaLive support forum! You can ask questions and get direct support from the developer.

Please note that we are a team with one developer and one graphics designer. We like to personally answer posts but aren't always able to do so as quickly as we would like to. In order to help us become more efficient, please follow the steps below when posting new questions, ideas or bugs.

Please post under one of the following:

QUESTIONS OR IDEAS
If you have a question or idea, start by typing it in the box provided and search below under similar topics to see if you can find an answer. If you don’t find an answer then simply post a new question or idea.

BUGS
If you spotted a bug and you want to let us know about it, first try searching for OPEN bug posts with similar issues and add any details you think might help us with it. Also, make sure to up vote the OPEN bug post so we know how critical it is. If no OPEN bug posts are found simply post a new one.

Posting new bugs

When you post new bugs please give us as many details as you can! This will help us resolve issues quickly and easily.

Common details we need:
  1. What device do you have?
  2. What OS version is it running?
  3. What happened?
  4. What did you expect to have happened?
  5. What steps reproduce the issue?

Don't have the app yet? Get XiiaLive or XiiaLive Pro now for Android! Or get XiiaLive for iOS!

Thank you!!!

Joe Knight 13 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 12 years ago 0
I will be buying it shortly. I tried 5 different apps to listen to one radio station from my town, 3 of them i couldn't even add personal stations and the other 2 would cut out every 10 seconds. This one streams it flawlessly! THANKS
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 12 years ago
Sweet! Thanks so much for the feedback! Hopefully the app get's even better as you use it and we update it! :)
Under review

I have Problems With the reception mpeg it cut off Back to back

david dominguez 13 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 13 years ago 0
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 13 years ago
You are probably having issues with higher bitrate station and having low network bandwidth.  Have you tried lower bitrate stations? Something lower than 128kbps?

how do i cancel?

Patricia Martinez 10 years ago 0
Fixed

[Off-topic] Crowdin resets all my Danish translations in XiiaLive project

Nanren 8 years ago updated 8 years ago 3

Hi,

I was working with Danish translation in XiiaLive project, but after i finished page 1 and 2, it resets all my translations for no reason TWICE and i have to start over. I downloaded the string.xml file to see if it was translated, but it wasn't. All strings are in english. why is that happen?

http://translate.xiialive.com/translate/xiialive/2436/en-da

Answer
Rodrigo (Developer) 8 years ago

Hi Evildog,

We're moving to another much better platform for translations. You can use it and help us to translate XiiaLive.

This is the link: https://visualblasters.oneskyapp.com/collaboration/

Thanks a lot for your help! We really appreciate that.

Best,

Answered

Where xiialive usually keeps a list of Favorites (not after backup)?

Dies Musicus 11 years ago updated by paul 9 years ago 7

I did not make a backup copy of the Favorites list via standard backup feature XiiaLive, but I did total system backups by different tools (including the filesystem). Maybe this list is preserved in one of the backup copies and now I need help to find him. Thanks in advance.

Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago

Well all your favorites and history are stored on a database within the filesystem. That data is part of the private data of an Android application. The exact location I'm not sure.

You would have to find that datatabase file name I think DroidLive.db. With XiiaLive Pro you would be able to import it.

Hope that helps and we can't wait to provide a cloud storage because doing all this to store and restore plainly sucks... 

Planned

Add favorite order filter for total time played

Tomasz Adamski 12 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 12 years ago 0
on the favorite list there is a counter. I think better and more useful would be puting there information about time spent on a given channel not only the number of runs.
Answer
Thanks for such a great request! I'll set this as planned!
Under review

FTP streaming please!

Cristian Cocos 10 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 10 years ago 0
Please include FTP music streaming!
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 10 years ago
Thanks for your request. Could you explain a bit more your setup and how you see the FTP feature working on XiiaLive? Thanks!
Answered

Pro not connected to market

Cordel Haws 10 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 9 years ago 7

I have a droid razr maxx. I'm rooted and running kitkat 4.4. A few weeks ago I noticed that when i opened my xiilive app it said "you do not own this app. Would you like to see more details?" It would still work fine if i choose "see details". I paid no attention to it untill i recently upgraded (flashed) kitkat 4.4. No it wont connect to the radio stations at all. So today i dug around to see why and i found that my version (3.0.1.2) isnt connected to any market, play or amazon. I can't find where i got it from. It's definitely the pro because there's no ads. The apk that i restore from is called vblast.xiilive.full . If i had to guess i would say i got it as one of amazon's "free apps of the day." But the transaction has disappeared from my account. What can i do to connect it back?

Thanks

Cordel 

Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 10 years ago
In general we recommend not to backup the apk of the app specially the paid version since it tends to messup the licensing checks and can cause these types of issues. The version you have is the one from Amazon. I think you should be able to reinstall the app without being charged again. Simply use the same Amazon account to download it.
Answered

Motorola Pro Plus

Vincent Lo 12 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 12 years ago 0

Google Play is showing XiiaLive beta as being incompatible with this phone. Can you confirm? XiiaLive Lite works fine.

Can it be enabled?

Answer

After a bit of research I was able to know why the device can't find the app XiiaLive Beta. It is due to the screen size.  Currently XiiaLive doesn't support small screens. However this is only temporarily since we will be supporting the smaller screen. Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention!

New User Questions

VintageNewscast com 9 years ago updated by Ralph 8 years ago 0

I have purchased the Pro version. So far I absolutely love your application! It is awesome! However, I have a couple of concerns and slight bugs to report.

1. The "back up and restore feature" for the XML files; does the backup also include all the radio URLs manually entered, and the stations saved to favorites via *.m3u files? I really don't want to start adding these only to find out I can't restore them after a factory reset.

1a. Also, (hope it's not a stupid question. I need to make sure that once I have imported the *.m3u files, I am not required to keep that file on my phone?

2. I get errors when the application tries to share the station to both my twitter and facebook (I am logged in correctly).

3. Could you consider adding the option to create folders for the songs we saved?

4. Could you also consider adding the ability to edit/add folders to stations we save (instead of the automatic defaults?

Sorry for all the questions. Keep up the good work...