Welcome to the official XiiaLive support forum! You can ask questions and get direct support from the developer.

Please note that we are a team with one developer and one graphics designer. We like to personally answer posts but aren't always able to do so as quickly as we would like to. In order to help us become more efficient, please follow the steps below when posting new questions, ideas or bugs.

Please post under one of the following:

QUESTIONS OR IDEAS
If you have a question or idea, start by typing it in the box provided and search below under similar topics to see if you can find an answer. If you don’t find an answer then simply post a new question or idea.

BUGS
If you spotted a bug and you want to let us know about it, first try searching for OPEN bug posts with similar issues and add any details you think might help us with it. Also, make sure to up vote the OPEN bug post so we know how critical it is. If no OPEN bug posts are found simply post a new one.

Posting new bugs

When you post new bugs please give us as many details as you can! This will help us resolve issues quickly and easily.

Common details we need:
  1. What device do you have?
  2. What OS version is it running?
  3. What happened?
  4. What did you expect to have happened?
  5. What steps reproduce the issue?

Don't have the app yet? Get XiiaLive or XiiaLive Pro now for Android! Or get XiiaLive for iOS!
Planned

Add proxy settings

Mauro Savona 11 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago 0
Can I set a proxy for connection?
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago

I have set this questions as an idea/request. I have added proxy settings support to our to do list. Thanks for sharing!

Answered

Cant find the app on the Android Market

Imol8tor 13 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 13 years ago 18 2 duplicates
Unable to find XiiaLive on the Android Market using the following phones:

- HTC Wildfire
- xperia X10 mini
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 13 years ago
Update v2.1.6 has fixed this issue.

UPDATE:
In update v2.1.6 we added some fields that weren't supported by Android 1.5 and possibly some 1.6 devices. We will release a maintenance update this month to hopefully resolve this issues.
Under review

Unsupported Media e:-31

pot 9 years ago updated by Ralph 8 years ago 1
On an Asus Fonepad 7 with Android 4.4.2 and a frshly installed Xiialive pro, I add a favourite station http://tunein.com/radio/RAI-Radio-3-998-s62589/. When Xiia checks the station, it errors with Unsupported Media e:-31.

High CPU usage - "com.android.DroidLiveLite:RemoteMediaService"

lev2k 9 years ago 0
This service causes up to 50% CPU usage on Minix X8H-Plus running Kitkat 4.4.2.
Additionally, this service resides in the background, even when I close the App.
Why?
Answered

reduce traffic usage

Mickey DoubleYou 11 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago 2

Hey,

i was wondering, because after an one hour listening the traffic was about 74 mb. This is very much I think. What can I do to reduce the usage of my traffic?

Answer

Super delayed reply!  So yes streaming can use a lot of data and you need to be careful if you have a limited dataplan.

As @Neko Hunter said below, using broadcasts at a lower bitrate will use less data... However it will impact the audio quality.  In general MPEG at lower then 96kbps will start sounding low quality. With AAC/AACP streams under 32kbps start sounding very bad but above that they sound OK.

Another more obvious tip would be to always try to use WiFi when streaming. Any other questions please let me know!

Planned

Logo for favourite

Smokin Fish 10 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 10 years ago 1
We should be able to assign a station's logo to favourites 
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 10 years ago
Thanks for your suggestion. We have planned to start looking into some redesign modifications to include station art and song art. It might take a little while to have this feature in but it is something we would like to have.
Answered

how to propose our web radio on your list ?

R-Dwa 13 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 13 years ago 0
hello, R-Dwa is a french web radio with a high quality
playlist(alternative, rock funk electro) plus some local programs where
people from the Diois (french south east area) speak of topics that
concern them
Answer
We currently don't provide our own featured picks for stations.  If you like to add your station to the radio directory go to shoutcast.com.  There you will find the tools necessary to list your station on the shoutcast directory.
Answered

Can XiiaLive be downloaded to a blackberry Curve 8530 phone?

Dale Coffer 13 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 13 years ago 0
I would like to download XiiaLive to my Blackberry Curve 8530 phone? How can I do that?
Answer
We currently only have XiiaLive for android but we do have plans to expand to more phones in the future.
Answered

banners

Shawn Harter 11 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago 0

Is there a banner or image we can add to webpages to reconmend listenining to our station on their android

Answer

You can use any of the images from Google Play or the following images.

xiialive_featureGraphic_1024x500_Free.png

xiiaLiveLite_promoGraphic_180x120.png

Under review

Volume Bar Hiding

Chibi 12 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 12 years ago 0

Is it just me, or is there a setting I might have mored or something..but I recall the volume bar being integrated into the "Player screen" however, now I have to tap on the lower right side of where the information of what's playing (Double tap) and the options pop up, such as "Tag, favorites, share, timer, equalizer, and now the volume bar".. I then tap on the volume bars, but it's only shows up temporarily and am able to then adjust the in-app volume... Is there a setting that may have been changed by accident? or was this done via an update?

Thoughts anyone? x.o Just need this to be integrated again, since I work in an office where the phone is right in front of me, otherwise it looks like I'm playing LOL. appreciate the help :)

Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 12 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to post about this issue.  What device do you have? From what it seems you have a small screen device.  When the screen is too small we have to hide the volume bar since there isn't any space left.  Have you tried using the "Original" skin? That has the old volume style that is always visible.