I am big fan of internet radios. I already have 5 apps and constantly looking into perfect one and you almost there :)
I use android 4.1.2 tablet at home to manage them and my prefer display is landscape mode.
- Obligatory put a poster of the current artist when it's playing (just like Tunein radio app) if poster is not available then poster of radio station.
- fetch lyrics - TuneWiki app is doing this very good and the way they display it in landscape mode is perfect!
- fetch other artist info like albums etc, maybe some small wiki addon on separate screen
- this is crazy but... have a look in youtube for video clip if it exist for what is played right now in case I want to see it (you might have it in more info section that initially is not displayed)
- ability to record station (or is it already there?) and scheduled recording would be veeery cool!
- cool & not necessary: visualization like winamp PC version has so either small one as part of info or full screen one (phones and tablets getting more and more powerful) and you can make it as addon on market so not need to buff the standard version.
- quick access to favorite stations (I usually switch between 4) If you concern about lack of display space then have them available like menu in the landscape mode but from left side (keep menu on right)
- skins as addons - make it easy to create your own skin. You will be blown away by what users can do for you for free ;)
- cool & not necessary: remember streams of last 3 stations. I love the way you visually display what is played and how you can swipe through stream but sometimes I switch to other station to check what they play and when I switch back the stream info is gone. Would be great to keep it specially if I already have like 30 min in a buffer?
- display station schedule what's coming in 10 min etc if info available from radio station (like on tunein website althou their app don't show it - shame)
Thanks guys and you're my favorite radio app!
All the best to all your team!
Customer support service by UserEcho