XiiaLive Beta v3.0.0.01
Finally it's out! We are providing early access via the Android Market to our beta version of XiiaLive. This will allow us, with your help, improve stable updates going into XiiaLive and XiiaLive Lite.
So what's new?
Just about everything! This new release has been the one release
we have worked the hardest! We hope you enjoy it!
- Android 2.3 and greater. Our goal will be to support down to Android 1.6.
- Small phones currently not supported.
- Redesigned UI and graphics
- Data guard (WiFi only streaming)
- Smart stream recovery
- Dark and light skins
- Notification sounds volume control
- Scan radio stations
- Playlist preload
- Advanced streaming tweeks
- Deep social integration (twitter & facebook) (Still work in progress)
- New backup and restore to xml file
- New seek bar (up to 60min of playback history) (beta)
- New sorting and filtering options for Favorite stations and songs.
- Mini player
- Now playing station list highlight
- Song history
- Station loading as you scroll. Avoids unneeded extra data usage.
- Android 4.x unlock screen player support.
Customer support service by UserEcho
1. On the "home" screen, on the light or dark themes, the options can still be hard to read.. especially in sunlight and on the lighter theme. Can you possibly increase the font sixes of the text and make them a little more bold??
2. While in the app the top bars can be hard to read, again, in brighter conditions and even on the lighter theme.. The orange with the black text can be hard to read.. and there seems to bee too many taps at the top.. anyway to condense them or use the screen realsate differently?
1) From the widget, begin streaming
2) Press the Multitask/Running Apps button (bottom right on GNexus)
3) Note that XiiaLive Beta appears in the list of running apps
4) Hit the Back button and open the XiiaLive Beta app
5) Again, press the Multitask button
6) Note that XiiaLive Beta is no longer listed in the running apps list though it is still playing.
7) Hit the Home button to 'minimize' the app while it is still playing.
8) Press Multitask again
9) Note that the XiiaLive Beta app reappears in the list.
Motorola Atrix, Android 2.3.7
The seek bar doesnt seem to work with asx file. my radio station uses asx for archive streaming. I could not use the seek bar to skip ahead.
Thanks for keep updating the app. Another suggestion is to add setting for timeout (no. of connection retry). My 3G network connection sometimes drop out for few seconds in the subway and xiialive just restart the stream from beginning. This issue, with the lack of seek bar means I cant really use this app to listen to archives.
Will this app ever be able to seek on a stream like the following?
If it would do this reliably I'd buy it, as nothing else on the android market will play a stream like this with seeking.