Welcome to the official XiiaLive support forum! You can ask questions and get direct support from the developer.

Please note that we are a team with one developer and one graphics designer. We like to personally answer posts but aren't always able to do so as quickly as we would like to. In order to help us become more efficient, please follow the steps below when posting new questions, ideas or bugs.

Please post under one of the following:

QUESTIONS OR IDEAS
If you have a question or idea, start by typing it in the box provided and search below under similar topics to see if you can find an answer. If you don’t find an answer then simply post a new question or idea.

BUGS
If you spotted a bug and you want to let us know about it, first try searching for OPEN bug posts with similar issues and add any details you think might help us with it. Also, make sure to up vote the OPEN bug post so we know how critical it is. If no OPEN bug posts are found simply post a new one.

Posting new bugs

When you post new bugs please give us as many details as you can! This will help us resolve issues quickly and easily.

Common details we need:
  1. What device do you have?
  2. What OS version is it running?
  3. What happened?
  4. What did you expect to have happened?
  5. What steps reproduce the issue?

Don't have the app yet? Get XiiaLive or XiiaLive Pro now for Android! Or get XiiaLive for iOS!
Answered

BBC 4 and Bloomberg Radios

Ary 13 year бұрын updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 10 year бұрын 4
Hi. Thanks for the app, it has some really useful features.
I've been trying to add BBC 4 and Bloomberg Radios. When adding the Bloomberg URL, I get "unsupported format", and when trying BBC 4, I get could not verify the URL
Please, help me getting those two station on my XiiaLive.

Appreciate it.
ary
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 10 year бұрын
Closing this issue. Should be working with latest releases.
Declined

More prebuffer and buffer time part 2

Nexus_ger 12 year бұрын updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 11 year бұрын 0

Hi Jona !

Sorry i dont know how i can answer you behind my request !

I use the ffmpeg decoder because it doesnt stops streaming after losing fast internet connection. In germany you will losing HSDPA/3g connection if you drive by car. Usually you hear longer time one Radio Channel and it should be better you can buffer eg. 2 min.

greets from germany :-)

Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 11 year бұрын

The current release of XiiaLive v3 contains caching for up to 60 minutes. When using the FFmpeg stream engine the caching feature is currently not supported at the moment. However, as mentioned before, we are working on a brand new stream engine based on FFmpeg that will support caching along with smart recovery feature. These two new features will a larger buffer unnecessary. We are getting ready soon for our first beta release hopefully in 1 months max.

Thanks for your feedback!

Under review

Last.fm

Beau Jackson 9 year бұрын updated by Gary 8 year бұрын 6
Been using XiiaLive for a long time and I love it :) The pro version of the XiiaLive no longer scrobbles data ever since Last.fm updated their app. It appears to be scrobbling, but nothing gets sent to them.
Answer
Rodrigo (Developer) 8 year бұрын

Hello Gary,

it's an issue that we're trying to solve for next release.

Thanks.

Fixed

LG Enact - phone call audio stops working after playing over bluetooth

Darrell 10 year бұрын updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 9 year бұрын 5
Using Android 4.4.2

I can't hear phone calls after playing music over Bluetooth in my car.

Reproduce steps
1. Connect to Bluetooth in Ford Escape (Microsoft Sync)
2. Start xiialive and play a station
3. Disconnect from car/bluetooth
4. Try to place a phone call - Can't hear anything.

Here is a related Verizon forum thread: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/840658
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 9 year бұрын
Thanks for reporting this issue. We've seen similar reported issues with Samsung devices before. The issues where due to bugs introduced by a new Android update. My guess the same thing is happening with this device.

About the error you are getting E:-14 this means an internal error -> ERR_SDL_AUDIO_INIT_FAILED. This is a bug we have resolved and will be part of the next release. I'm not sure but this error issue could maybe in some way improve the BT call issues.
Answered

unsupported format for AAC+

wesnorman 13 year бұрын updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 12 year бұрын 0
Hi!

I'm trying to stream from this url: http://www.abc.net.au/newcastle/programs/webcam_radio.htm?ref=listenliveradio. The radio station says it uses AAC+ to stream it, which your app supports, but it comes with with an "unsupported Format" message when I tried entering the url. How do I overcome this?

Thanks very much!

Luke
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 12 year бұрын
The link points to the website not the actual media.  I would recommend you try the following link:

It's because the url is not in the correct format. It needs end with like a .mpeg or .m3u
If you open that website from your phone and then press on "windows" option next to "Available formats:" under the player, it should prompt you to choose a program to stream it with. Choose xiialive and you are good to go :)
Answered

How to use filters on radio stations

Cliff1 10 year бұрын updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 9 year бұрын 1
Just bought the pro- version from the store.
I'm unable to find a possibility to use the filter- options.
I want to scan for rock- stations that stram aac...

Is there a manual available?

Regards
Answer
Hey sorry for the delayed response... :/ Just in case you haven't found an answer to your question please take a look at the following post.
http://support.xiialive.com/topic/449528-how-to-use-search-filters/
Fixed

AAC+ Crashing After Payback

Paul D 13 year бұрын updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 10 year бұрын 8
Hi Jona when i manually add AAC+ streams like this one

http://3083.live.streamtheworld.com:80/PULSE87AACCMP3

It plays fine however when i press stop it just says stopping forever and crashes app...It then wont allow me to play any other station in my favorites unless switch off phone then back on.Hope you can help me?
Answer
Closing thread. This issue should be resolved with the latest available version of XiiaLive.
Under review

will not work on xoom?

JVP 13 year бұрын updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 13 year бұрын 0
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 13 year бұрын
Could you provide a little more details? Can  you find it on the Android Market? What exactly doesn't work? Can you stream MPEG or AAC content?

Thanks!
Under review

local

Thierry Becquin 10 year бұрын updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 10 year бұрын 0
Comment fonction la touche Local ?
Answer
Hi, please provide a little more details to your question since it is a little difficult to translate and understand. Thanks!
Planned

Improve equalizer design

Peter 11 year бұрын в Android / Equalizer updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 9 year бұрын 0
The equalizer window: the labels are hardly visible, dark black on dark gray,
and I'm not sure if it is obvious, that the presets are accessible thru horizontal slide. I found out. The label presentation does not depend on the design (dark classic, light classic).

Answer
Thanks for your feedback. The equalizer is indeed in need of some redesign. Currently the UI is of a neutral skin so it doesn't matter what skin you pick the same design will be shown. We do want to provide skin support for the EQ in the near future.