Welcome to the official XiiaLive support forum! You can ask questions and get direct support from the developer.

Please note that we are a team with one developer and one graphics designer. We like to personally answer posts but aren't always able to do so as quickly as we would like to. In order to help us become more efficient, please follow the steps below when posting new questions, ideas or bugs.

Please post under one of the following:

QUESTIONS OR IDEAS
If you have a question or idea, start by typing it in the box provided and search below under similar topics to see if you can find an answer. If you don’t find an answer then simply post a new question or idea.

BUGS
If you spotted a bug and you want to let us know about it, first try searching for OPEN bug posts with similar issues and add any details you think might help us with it. Also, make sure to up vote the OPEN bug post so we know how critical it is. If no OPEN bug posts are found simply post a new one.

Posting new bugs

When you post new bugs please give us as many details as you can! This will help us resolve issues quickly and easily.

Common details we need:
  1. What device do you have?
  2. What OS version is it running?
  3. What happened?
  4. What did you expect to have happened?
  5. What steps reproduce the issue?

Don't have the app yet? Get XiiaLive or XiiaLive Pro now for Android! Or get XiiaLive for iOS!
Under review

Buffers alot when listening to kblo 1 and 2 even on wifi.

Chris Gunter 13 jaar geleden bijgewerkt door Jona (Lead Developer) 13 jaar geleden 0
Buffers all the time with Kblo 1 and 2 even on wife. using lite version would paid version help with this?
Antwoord
Jona (Lead Developer) 13 jaar geleden
I have investigated the particular KBLO station and was able to reproduce the issue rarely.

Event though this is a very low bitrate station, I have seen that the data connection sometimes lags a lot causing the app to go into buffering mode. The player is starving because the data rate goes up and down inconsistently.

Thanks to that station, I was able to find other bugs in the app. This fix should improve streaming of these types of streams.
Beantwoord

After update lots of stations I used to have don't load

Brad Caldwell 9 jaar geleden bijgewerkt door Jona (Lead Developer) 9 jaar geleden 1
the update version wont load lots of stations i used to have....why....and what happened to howard stern?
Antwoord
Jona (Lead Developer) 9 jaar geleden
If the station you are looking for is Howard Stern please see the following post.
http://support.xiialive.com/topic/595343-what-happened-to-the-howard-1005-and-1015-streams/

Please note that some stations might go down and some times they do come back up. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Under review

Reconnection issues with ASX streams

johnny_se 12 jaar geleden bijgewerkt door Jona (Lead Developer) 11 jaar geleden 0

When roaming and switching between WLAN, 2g and 3g, the stream you listen to needs to reconnect. Although on all versions of android the latest 2.2.4 player skipps the phase of creating playlist and tries to reconnect right away.

When you start connecting to the below stream it creates a playlist first, then connects. Upon connection drop, i need to go to the favourite menu, pick another station in my list, then that one does create a playlist and then connects. I cancel that stations connection and switch back to my original channel i was listning to. Now it DOES create a playlist and then connects without a problem.

Can you rewrite the program / reconnect function to completly reset itself on connection drops?

3FM Windows Media WMA 32kbps http://livestreams.omroep.nl/npo/3fm-sb

31kbps ASX 44,1Khz 2ch 

P.s. this also happens when i take out my headset, the xiia stops playing (as i configured that in its options). But to reconnect to the stream later again, i can not press play, i need to select another station first to "reset" the internal engine i guess.

Previous versions of the player did not have this issue, been using the program quite a long time now and well basicly only listen to the one dutch radio station above :).

Note also that when i got packet loss, xiia will just wait till it receives again and coninue playing, which is good. But on network switching well..it involves taking the phone out of my pocket and click and point here and there :)

thx in advance, hope you guys can look into this and i have supplied you with enough details to locate the problem, otherwise just ask, i keep testing :)

Antwoord
Jona (Lead Developer) 11 jaar geleden

It's been a while since your initial post. We are kinda now trying to catch up with all forum posts... :) On XiiaLive v3 we have upgraded and resolved multiple issues. Are you still having issues?

Under review

Add option for mono audio output

Doug McC 9 jaar geleden bijgewerkt door Ralph 8 jaar geleden 1
Under review

crash while browsing directory : international : asian

Michael Kinney 9 jaar geleden bijgewerkt door Ralph 8 jaar geleden 1
Android 5 on Nexus 4 not rooted. Pro version of XiiaLive.

Tap genre -> international -> asian, then start scrolling down. After a couple screens full of stations, the app will close with "Unfortunately, XiiaLive Pro has stopped."

Happens every time.
Fixed

Beta stops playing music - unable to restart it

Timo Dumelle 12 jaar geleden bijgewerkt door Jona (Lead Developer) 11 jaar geleden 0
Hi,
I have the problem, every time a stream is playing music and i will get and sms via GoSMS (and popup notification from GoSMS), the app wont register a press on start / stop buttons.
Music playback is stopped. The Stop button is displayed but inoperable.
Force close via android Task manager will solve the issue.
one time i had the issue that the last 1 second of the stream is looped. (Just the second before Google maps gave advice via voice) Force close did not solve the problem. Only reboot of the device brought cure ;)
Antwoord

This issue should have been resolved in the latest release of XiiaLive. If you are still having issues please let us know.

Under review

Can't add stations to favorites in 3.0.1 + pls with multiple stations

Ârif TOKER 11 jaar geleden bijgewerkt door Jona (Lead Developer) 11 jaar geleden 0
Hello,

I have an issue that makes Xiialive 3.0.1 unusable.
Whenever I try to add any station to the favorites by either the button on the play screen or enter the url by hand the station does not appear in the favorites (the button in now playing shows gree, as in added, though)
Anther question I have is, how do I add a .pls with about 20 channels at once to Xiialive? If I open it only the first channel is being played and I can't seem to access the others.
Thanks in advance.
Antwoord

Couple key questions to better understand the possible issue/bug.  Can you provide the URL you are trying to add? Also, with that send me a backup of your favorites?  Email to jona@visualblasters.com. The backup can be done under Settings->Backup&Restore. This will allow me to see what could be going on.

Adding a playlist to XiiaLive causes to create one station that contains all playlist items/URLs.  If you have multiple stations=URLs in one playlist right now you will need to add each one individually.  However, you could try playing individual stations from the the playlist by going into the player and swiping on the station name from right to left. This will bring up a playlist showing all the items/URLs.

I hope you could understand my explanation! :)

Beantwoord

Improve UberStations genre

Gb Xx 10 jaar geleden bijgewerkt door Jona (Lead Developer) 10 jaar geleden 0
please catgorize genres in ubercast better.. sub genres are mostly missing..
such as different styles of jazz/classical for example.. you could also add live 365 directory to make up for shoutcast closing.
Antwoord
Jona (Lead Developer) 10 jaar geleden
Thanks for your feedback. We will look into improving the UberStations genre listing. We will also take a look at 365 radio.
Under review

Force close

Manuel López 11 jaar geleden bijgewerkt door Jona (Lead Developer) 11 jaar geleden 3
Hi,

II have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled xiia the latest version on my galaxy nexus but I always get force close...

Anyone else with this issue or hire to solve it?
Antwoord

Hey thanks for the feedback. What version of XiiaLive? v3.0.2.2?

If you can reproduce the issue and collect the logs would be great! If you don't know how to collect the logs its fine don't worry...  You can also report the crash issue with a message stating that you have posted about it on this forum. This way I can easily find the issues and try to fix it.

Beantwoord

Huawei IDEOS (U8150)

Anoniem 14 jaar geleden bijgewerkt door Jona (Lead Developer) 13 jaar geleden 1
Is this available for Huawei IDEOS (U8150)? I can't find any way to download it. I tried the market and this site. This is my first android so I'm kind of lost now.
Antwoord
Jona (Lead Developer) 13 jaar geleden
Does this device have Android Market? If it does you should be able to find it there. Currently we don't have other ways of providing our app.