Welcome to the official XiiaLive support forum! You can ask questions and get direct support from the developer.

Please note that we are a team with one developer and one graphics designer. We like to personally answer posts but aren't always able to do so as quickly as we would like to. In order to help us become more efficient, please follow the steps below when posting new questions, ideas or bugs.

Please post under one of the following:

QUESTIONS OR IDEAS
If you have a question or idea, start by typing it in the box provided and search below under similar topics to see if you can find an answer. If you don’t find an answer then simply post a new question or idea.

BUGS
If you spotted a bug and you want to let us know about it, first try searching for OPEN bug posts with similar issues and add any details you think might help us with it. Also, make sure to up vote the OPEN bug post so we know how critical it is. If no OPEN bug posts are found simply post a new one.

Posting new bugs

When you post new bugs please give us as many details as you can! This will help us resolve issues quickly and easily.

Common details we need:
  1. What device do you have?
  2. What OS version is it running?
  3. What happened?
  4. What did you expect to have happened?
  5. What steps reproduce the issue?

Don't have the app yet? Get XiiaLive or XiiaLive Pro now for Android! Or get XiiaLive for iOS!
Fixed

Equalizer DOES NOT WORK!

Nun “Notanymore” yerbusiness 10 years ago updated by Spencer 6 years ago 3
Equalizer stuck in CUSTOM. No EQ freq adjustments present. Nexus 4 device with PacMan. I need this app to work!!
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 10 years ago
Are you still having issues? This should be working on the latest release of XiiaLive.
Answered

Importing Stations in iOS

jediguy 10 years ago updated by Tom Betz 7 years ago 3
Hello everyone.  I was a huge fan of XiiaLive on android, however early this year I made the jump to iOS.  I was thrilled to see that XiiaLive recently launched on iOS, however I am having some trouble getting my stations into the app.  Many of the stations that I listen to are not in XiiaLive's directory so they need to be imported via the broadcaster's website.  Entering all of the station URLs manually would take ages.  Imported stations usually take the form of a playlist file (pls or m3u).  Importing was usually quick and easy on the android version of XiiaLive but I haven't found a way to do this on the iOS version.  Is there a way to do this?  If not, is there a solution in the pipeline?
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 10 years ago
Hey! Currently XiiaLive on iOS is in a Beta state. However, we are working really hard to release a new update in the next week or two. As you have noticed there is no easy way to bring your old favorites into the iOS app. I'll be working on that feature after our next update is released. Sorry for the inconvenience. :(
Not a bug

Droid 3 Android 2.3.4 Cannot Connect Facebook

y0himba 11 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago 0
Image 33I am unable to connect my Facebook account. I get an error that XiiaLive is misconfigured for Facebook login on the resulting Facebook page. When trying to share from the now playing screen I get the same error.

Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago

Where did you install XiiaLive from? Google Play or Amazon AppStore? If you downloaded XiiaLive from an unknown website most likely the app code was modified therefor will not work with Facebook. Be careful of using such apps since they can easily be injected with code that does malicious things.

Under review

station not working over 3g

bli 10 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 9 years ago 1
Hi for the past few months we have been testing out our shoutcast radio station using xiialive which is excellent. But as of a few days ago the station has stopped playing via 3g works fine on WiFi is their a reason why this might be? You can find it via shout cast SDRL MUSIC. Other stations seem to be fine so it is something wrong our end I expect but seems odd it plays fine via WiFi any suggestions would be grateful thanks.
SDRL music
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 9 years ago
Hey thanks for the bug report. I have tested your scenario but I can't seem to reproduce the issue. This sounds more like a potential issues with your phone network.

Here are some questions that could help narrow down the issue.
  1. What particular error did you see when trying to connect to this station?
  2. Did you notice similar issues with other stations?
  3. If you noticed the same issue with other stations could you check if your internet is working fine by opening some webpage on your browser?
  4. Are you using a proxy by any chance?
Answered

how do i inported my files to my xiia or is thier a way to do?

osofab 13 years ago updated by Tim M 13 years ago 0
Answer
Tim M 13 years ago
Do you mean your favorites and tags?
There currently is no way to import your own custom files.
You can backup/restore your favs/tags by going to 
>settings >advanced users
If you would like to save your backup file, it can be found on the root of your sd card named dliveBk.db
Answered

how do i install pro after updating to new phone

Charlie DeVoid 11 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago 0
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago

Simply make sure you are using the same email address as you used on the previous device to purchase XiiaLive Pro. Then you just find the app and download it again. You shouldn't be charged again.

Under review

Connection Dropped

Rigatoni 13 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 13 years ago 13
Just updated to the newest version of XiiaLive and now most of my favorite stations will not play. They are all MPEG format. Just updated to the latest version on my girlfriend's phone and now it does the same thing. It buffers and then says connection dropped. The same stations work fine with a different program.
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 13 years ago
Mmm... Could you provide the station name?  It could be that this particular station is currently down.  Have you tried searching for the station again and playing it from the search?  Sometimes these stations change servers so links become obsolete.
Under review

Disable skip controls on headset/speaker

Robert Allan 9 years ago updated by Rodrigo (Developer) 8 years ago 1

I mostly listen to the radio using a bluetooth speaker. Like most bluetooth speakers the volume up/down is also the fwd/back buttons. Quick press to skip, long press for volume. Trouble is it's very easy to accidentally skip when trying to change volume.

The current choices for skip controls are favourites or playlist. Please can you add a "do nothing" option

Fixed

Typing in custom URL is SLOWWWWW

Joe Knight 13 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 13 years ago 3
Whenever i type in my radio station's URL the keyboard is extremely sluggish to respond. I did it in the free version and the paid version. Once you get to the add URL screen the response is just horrible it took me 2-3 minutes to get the url in because i had to wait after every letter for it to react. Droid 1
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 13 years ago
Do you have the latest version of XiiaLive? That is v2.1.5. I'll take a look! Thanks!
Acknowledged

View stations in favorite category by song

A1 Sauce 8 years ago updated by Rodrigo (Developer) 8 years ago 1

It would be easier to browse through my fav stations by songs to end random browsing. Is this a thing allready?

Answer
Rodrigo (Developer) 8 years ago

Hello A1,

you can find which song is playing on your station via UberStations list. Is that your question?

Thanks.

Best,