Welcome to the official XiiaLive support forum! You can ask questions and get direct support from the developer.

Please note that we are a team with one developer and one graphics designer. We like to personally answer posts but aren't always able to do so as quickly as we would like to. In order to help us become more efficient, please follow the steps below when posting new questions, ideas or bugs.

Please post under one of the following:

QUESTIONS OR IDEAS
If you have a question or idea, start by typing it in the box provided and search below under similar topics to see if you can find an answer. If you don’t find an answer then simply post a new question or idea.

BUGS
If you spotted a bug and you want to let us know about it, first try searching for OPEN bug posts with similar issues and add any details you think might help us with it. Also, make sure to up vote the OPEN bug post so we know how critical it is. If no OPEN bug posts are found simply post a new one.

Posting new bugs

When you post new bugs please give us as many details as you can! This will help us resolve issues quickly and easily.

Common details we need:
  1. What device do you have?
  2. What OS version is it running?
  3. What happened?
  4. What did you expect to have happened?
  5. What steps reproduce the issue?

Don't have the app yet? Get XiiaLive or XiiaLive Pro now for Android! Or get XiiaLive for iOS!
Fixed

AAC+ Crashing After Payback

Paul D 13 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 10 years ago 8
Hi Jona when i manually add AAC+ streams like this one

http://3083.live.streamtheworld.com:80/PULSE87AACCMP3

It plays fine however when i press stop it just says stopping forever and crashes app...It then wont allow me to play any other station in my favorites unless switch off phone then back on.Hope you can help me?
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 10 years ago
Closing thread. This issue should be resolved with the latest available version of XiiaLive.
Under review

will not work on xoom?

JVP 13 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 13 years ago 0
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 13 years ago
Could you provide a little more details? Can  you find it on the Android Market? What exactly doesn't work? Can you stream MPEG or AAC content?

Thanks!
Under review

local

Thierry Becquin 10 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 10 years ago 0
Comment fonction la touche Local ?
Answer
Hi, please provide a little more details to your question since it is a little difficult to translate and understand. Thanks!
Fixed

Pre Buffer not working

Paul D 13 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 13 years ago 0
Hi Jona,im using HTC Wildfire on Android updated to 2.2 and when im driving as soon as i go out of signal my radio stations drop..Even on MPEG stations im using paid version with latest update and ive got buffer and prebuffer on full 60secounds..It doesnt make a difference on my phone if i have buffer and pre buffers on full setting on lowest setting it will always cut out straight away when no signal..Any ideas? Ive tried everything even having both settings half way and still makes no difference...Is the prebuffer meant to work on this phone?
Answer

Bug! Working on it as I type this! :)  I'll have this out on the next update at the latest next week.

Update 05/20/11:

- v2.1.9 is out and resolved this issue! :)

Can I configure XiiaLive to pause during Navigation events?

Jean 9 years ago 0
I have the latest version of XiiaLive on a Nexus 5 running Android 5.0.1. Players like TuneIn Radio will pause the current audio stream when navigation takes control of the audio, and resume when navigation is finished. Is there a way to configure XiiaLive to do this?
Answered

Dropping connection a lot while driving

Aquiles Quintela 12 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago 0

I have recently bought a new phone epic4g touch and switched from mobile to sprint and when i'm listening while driving its dropping connection a lot even though i'm getting goods reception, wat could be the problem?

Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago

The main reason this happens is when the switch-off from 3G to 4G, or I think the other way around, happens. The latest releases of XiiaLive v3 contains a new feature called smart recovery were it reconnects automatically while playback is still going on. In most cases these standard issues with mobile devices is a thing of the past with the smart recovery feature.

Will be answered

CDMA network rebuffer (technical issue)

blaxx 13 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 13 years ago 1
Hi. Was wondering if there is any way to remedy a small issue with Xiialive. When streaming over a CDMA network (US Cellular) on a Samsung Mesmerize, whenever a text message is sent or received, Xiialive will stop when its buffer memory runs out (due to data interruption), and then reconnects to the data stream, causing a temporary silence while it rebuffers (annoying). There has to be a way to have Xiialive pick up the stream where it left off when data traffic is inturrupted because of text traffic (CDMA cannot handle data and voice/text at the same time unlike GSM). I know this can be done because there are 4 other streaming applications that can continue the stream where it left off instead of stopping and restarting the stream, these are LCG Jukebox, Tunewiki, Stream Live Radio, and A Online Radio, however the interfaces on these applications are less than desirable, and Xiialive is the ONLY one that automatically reconnects to the stream in the event of disconnection, and this is why I'm happy to pay for this great application. Sorry for being long winded but I realize this may not be able to be remedied because of the architecture of the data handling. Thank you for this application, and your streaming app is top shelf! (and I have tried all the others)
Answer
Thanks for your feedback! Yes, streaming over CDMA network can be a pain.  The issue as you said is that after sending or receiving a text msg the data connection needs to be interrupted.  Because of that interruption we loose the live stream connection.  There is no way for us to continue streaming exactly where it left off such as mp3 file streaming applications.  If we where to try to reconnect immediately and append the data you would hear skipped audio.  That might not be a bad case for user such as yourself...

What's the solution to us is implement an immediate reconnection option under settings.  However this implementation is a bit tricky.  I can't promise when we would have such option but definitely I'll set it as planned!

Thanks again for your feedback!
Planned

sound volume internally limited in the application..?

Peter 10 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 10 years ago 2
I found it very helpful to increase sound volume by using the equalizer. Without doing it, volume is quite low, compared to MP3 and movies (and to needs of course). It looks to me like volume is internally, in Xiialive, reduced when equalizer is "Off". I don't know where to post, therefore under ideas. Increasing means flat, on all frequencies.
Answer
Hey thanks for the feedback. The internal volume control simply controls the player volume separate to the system media volume. There is really no extra volume gain or loss because of the internal volume. I do see why raising the EQ levels would increase the volume level but it is not really the best way to do it. We do want to include a better EQ and gain features in the new future to be able to increase the volume.
Completed

I suggest the inclusion of radio: www.radiovargemalta.com At the bank of radios XiiaLive.

Fenix Designer 12 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 12 years ago 0

Hi!

I suggest the inclusion of radio:
www.radiovargemalta.com
At the bank of radios XiiaLive.

Tanks and congratullations at work.

Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 12 years ago

Thanks for your feedback on our new app! :)  Please see the following post about adding a station to the directory:

http://support.xiialive.com/topic/23017-xiialive-radio-stations-how-it-works/

We hope one day we can allow users to add their own stations to a community built directory for everyone.

Answered

How can I tell what phones are compatible

budbkind 13 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 13 years ago 0
Answer
All Android devices running OS version 1.5 and higher are supported.