Welcome to the official XiiaLive support forum! You can ask questions and get direct support from the developer.

Please note that we are a team with one developer and one graphics designer. We like to personally answer posts but aren't always able to do so as quickly as we would like to. In order to help us become more efficient, please follow the steps below when posting new questions, ideas or bugs.

Please post under one of the following:

QUESTIONS OR IDEAS
If you have a question or idea, start by typing it in the box provided and search below under similar topics to see if you can find an answer. If you don’t find an answer then simply post a new question or idea.

BUGS
If you spotted a bug and you want to let us know about it, first try searching for OPEN bug posts with similar issues and add any details you think might help us with it. Also, make sure to up vote the OPEN bug post so we know how critical it is. If no OPEN bug posts are found simply post a new one.

Posting new bugs

When you post new bugs please give us as many details as you can! This will help us resolve issues quickly and easily.

Common details we need:
  1. What device do you have?
  2. What OS version is it running?
  3. What happened?
  4. What did you expect to have happened?
  5. What steps reproduce the issue?

Don't have the app yet? Get XiiaLive or XiiaLive Pro now for Android! Or get XiiaLive for iOS!
Answered

Xiaalive disappears as banner ads are loaded

XiaaUser 10 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 9 years ago 5
I am using the free version of XIAALIVE, Version 3.2.0.6. It's a very nice app, in fact it's the best player I have used. There is a problem, however, that is very frustrating.

When I begin playing a station from the PLAYER screen, everything works as it should until the app disappears (but keeps playing), exactly as if I had pressed my phone's HOME button. The station continues to play, and I can reactivate the app as I would any other app that had been exited by pressing the HOME button (by re-selecting it from the app menu or by selecting it from my phone's pull-down active app list, for example). However, it will usually quickly disappear again and the whole process must be repeated. This usually happens several times before the app finally becomes more stable (after a few minutes).

It seems to have something to do with the loading of some of the banner ads that appear at the bottom of the screen. When I first start the app and begin playing a station (ANY station), the area at the bottom of the screen is blank- there is not an ad there yet. As soon as an ad does appear, the app invariably disappears (as I said, it's as if I had pressed the HOME button). When the next ad appears, it usually happens again. Once the initial ads are loaded and active, the problem usually becomes less frequent. Note that I only experience this bug when viewing the PLAYER screen. If I start playing a station and then immediately switch to any of the other 8 screens (Home, Talk, Music, Local, Search, Favorites, History, or Settings), operation works properly and the player doesn't disappear, even though the same ads display on those screens too.

Also, the problem only happens when I use the app in portrait mode. If I turn my phone sideways for landscape mode, the app works flawlessly in PLAYER view and all other views (Interestingly, no ads ever appear at the bottom of the PLAYER view when in landscape mode, although they can be seen in all of the other views).

I think I have gone through 4 revision upgrades, but the problem has persisted through all of them so the time has come to post this bug report.

My phone is a Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX (not the HD model) running Android version 4.12. Xiaalive didn't work with the previous Android version either.

My question is this: If you can't or won't fix the bug, do you think the paid version, which I assume will have no ads, will work properly on my phone? I have no objection to paying for this otherwise fine app, but I would like some assurance that it will work correctly.

By the way, I use the player almost exclusively for listening to OTR (Old Time Radio) shows and other talk stations. The built-in equalizer, which many other players don't have, is valuable for adjusting the sound of the often lousy audio of old radio programs.
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 9 years ago
Hey sorry, for taking so long replying... :/ I checked the logs you sent and it seems to be a bug with your device OS version. This bug is causing certain ads when shown to cause a crash on a WebView which holds the ad. This crash causes our app to completely crash... The issue is not malicious ads it is simply a bug on the OS.

Are you still having this issue?
Planned

Get song title and length to show in an m3u or PLS playlist?

J650 Music 12 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 12 years ago 0
Whats the trick to getting song title and length to show in an m3u or PLS playlist?  I've followed standard formats, Xiia Lite can play the streams, but does not recognize/show title and length.  Other non-android (PC) players can resolve the titles etc... so pretty sure title info/format is correct.

BTW m3u's stream better on my rooted Samsung Galaxy Sprint Android phone than PLS... PSL was doing the drop and reconnect thing, by m3u's while not perfect are more solid... just gotta get the song titles in there
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 12 years ago
Ah! Perfect thanks for the request! Yes, this is definitively something that should work.  Try *XiiaLive Beta and see if at least the titles show up properly.  If you can provide the playlist would be even better since I cause use that to make it work.

*XiiaLive Beta support Android 2.3 and greater at the moment.
Fixed

beta version: swipe left and right on main screen is fickle

Mark R 12 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago 0
This is probably "just the way it is" and not a bug but I figured I would bring this up.

If you try to swipe left and right in the center of the screen it will not change screens.
If you swipe on the header or footer then it will change.
(over the top where the xiialive logo is or the bottom where the shoutcast logo is)

The transitions between screens is also very laggy probably from loading the lists?
I am guessing this is also just the way it is as well?

Thank you for putting out a quality application!
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago

Since the release of XiiaLive beta to now we have greatly improved the app to perform a lot faster and use hardware acceleration. Hopefully this is no longer an issue on your device.

Fixed

XiiaLive BETA BUG - newest build 3.1.2.001

Dwayne Wilson 10 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 10 years ago 1
- crashes when original skin is selected under themes. Selecting different skin solves the crashing. Using Kitkat 4.4.2 on a Nexus 7 2013.
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 10 years ago
This has been fixed a while back. Of you are still having issues please let us know.
Answered

BBC 4 and Bloomberg Radios

Ary 13 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 10 years ago 4
Hi. Thanks for the app, it has some really useful features.
I've been trying to add BBC 4 and Bloomberg Radios. When adding the Bloomberg URL, I get "unsupported format", and when trying BBC 4, I get could not verify the URL
Please, help me getting those two station on my XiiaLive.

Appreciate it.
ary
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 10 years ago
Closing this issue. Should be working with latest releases.
Declined

More prebuffer and buffer time part 2

Nexus_ger 11 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago 0

Hi Jona !

Sorry i dont know how i can answer you behind my request !

I use the ffmpeg decoder because it doesnt stops streaming after losing fast internet connection. In germany you will losing HSDPA/3g connection if you drive by car. Usually you hear longer time one Radio Channel and it should be better you can buffer eg. 2 min.

greets from germany :-)

Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago

The current release of XiiaLive v3 contains caching for up to 60 minutes. When using the FFmpeg stream engine the caching feature is currently not supported at the moment. However, as mentioned before, we are working on a brand new stream engine based on FFmpeg that will support caching along with smart recovery feature. These two new features will a larger buffer unnecessary. We are getting ready soon for our first beta release hopefully in 1 months max.

Thanks for your feedback!

Under review

Last.fm

Beau Jackson 9 years ago updated by Gary 8 years ago 6
Been using XiiaLive for a long time and I love it :) The pro version of the XiiaLive no longer scrobbles data ever since Last.fm updated their app. It appears to be scrobbling, but nothing gets sent to them.
Answer
Rodrigo (Developer) 8 years ago

Hello Gary,

it's an issue that we're trying to solve for next release.

Thanks.

Fixed

LG Enact - phone call audio stops working after playing over bluetooth

Darrell 10 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 9 years ago 5
Using Android 4.4.2

I can't hear phone calls after playing music over Bluetooth in my car.

Reproduce steps
1. Connect to Bluetooth in Ford Escape (Microsoft Sync)
2. Start xiialive and play a station
3. Disconnect from car/bluetooth
4. Try to place a phone call - Can't hear anything.

Here is a related Verizon forum thread: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/840658
Answer
Thanks for reporting this issue. We've seen similar reported issues with Samsung devices before. The issues where due to bugs introduced by a new Android update. My guess the same thing is happening with this device.

About the error you are getting E:-14 this means an internal error -> ERR_SDL_AUDIO_INIT_FAILED. This is a bug we have resolved and will be part of the next release. I'm not sure but this error issue could maybe in some way improve the BT call issues.
Answered

unsupported format for AAC+

wesnorman 13 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 12 years ago 0
Hi!

I'm trying to stream from this url: http://www.abc.net.au/newcastle/programs/webcam_radio.htm?ref=listenliveradio. The radio station says it uses AAC+ to stream it, which your app supports, but it comes with with an "unsupported Format" message when I tried entering the url. How do I overcome this?

Thanks very much!

Luke
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 12 years ago
The link points to the website not the actual media.  I would recommend you try the following link:

It's because the url is not in the correct format. It needs end with like a .mpeg or .m3u
If you open that website from your phone and then press on "windows" option next to "Available formats:" under the player, it should prompt you to choose a program to stream it with. Choose xiialive and you are good to go :)
Answered

How to use filters on radio stations

Cliff1 10 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 9 years ago 1
Just bought the pro- version from the store.
I'm unable to find a possibility to use the filter- options.
I want to scan for rock- stations that stram aac...

Is there a manual available?

Regards
Answer
Hey sorry for the delayed response... :/ Just in case you haven't found an answer to your question please take a look at the following post.
http://support.xiialive.com/topic/449528-how-to-use-search-filters/