Welcome to the official XiiaLive support forum! You can ask questions and get direct support from the developer.

Please note that we are a team with one developer and one graphics designer. We like to personally answer posts but aren't always able to do so as quickly as we would like to. In order to help us become more efficient, please follow the steps below when posting new questions, ideas or bugs.

Please post under one of the following:

QUESTIONS OR IDEAS
If you have a question or idea, start by typing it in the box provided and search below under similar topics to see if you can find an answer. If you don’t find an answer then simply post a new question or idea.

BUGS
If you spotted a bug and you want to let us know about it, first try searching for OPEN bug posts with similar issues and add any details you think might help us with it. Also, make sure to up vote the OPEN bug post so we know how critical it is. If no OPEN bug posts are found simply post a new one.

Posting new bugs

When you post new bugs please give us as many details as you can! This will help us resolve issues quickly and easily.

Common details we need:
  1. What device do you have?
  2. What OS version is it running?
  3. What happened?
  4. What did you expect to have happened?
  5. What steps reproduce the issue?

Don't have the app yet? Get XiiaLive or XiiaLive Pro now for Android! Or get XiiaLive for iOS!
Planned

fade in

David Johnston 11 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago 0

I love the alarm functionality, but the fade time seems to be the same no matter what value I tell it to use. I set it to 4 minutes but it seems to be at full volume after only one or two minutes. I'm on a rooted galaxy s3 running android 4.1.1.

Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago

Thanks for your feedback. I took a look at the code and did some tests and everything was working as expected. However, I did notice what you are saying. Essentially our volume changing sensitivity was a bit hard. I have updated it to be a softer when increased.  This should make the fading effect feel a bit more natural.  You can expect this change on the next update of XiiaLive. Thanks!

Planned

Arabic internet stream

ondergang 10 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 9 years ago 1
There are 22 arabic speaking countries, its a shame that none will be able to use this app as its only offer a handful Arabic internet streaming.

Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 9 years ago
Hey, thanks for your request. The UberStations directory is growing every day with new stations.  Have you tried using the SHOUTcast directory too?

If you would like to help us grow the Arabic stations faster you can actually add stations to the directory so that everyone can access them. Here are the steps.

Answered

unplug headset shuts off app

Neill 9 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 9 years ago 1
Galaxy Note 2 Android OS 4.3 T-Mobile. Unplugging the headset causes stream to stop. I want it to continue over the speaker just like when I plug in the headset continues playing.
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 9 years ago
There is an option you can turn OFF under Settings->App control called Headset unplug. This will allow you to disable stopping playback when the headset is unplugged.

If you are referring to having the device connecting to bluetooth stereo and unplugging the headset, this would be something we need to improve internally.

Answered

Incompatible format

Anonymous 13 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 13 years ago 0
I'm trying to add this radio station http://audio2.grupolatinoderadio.com/envivo.ASX?EMI=COACTIVA&T=15 and the app just say: icompatible format. The format is MPEG Audio Layer-3, 16 kbps. How can I add the station?
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 13 years ago
The link you provided is actually of a wma format radio station. We are actually just about to provide wma streaming on XiiaLive to stay put! :)
Under review

Real Audio RAM file

Soo Goh 12 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 12 years ago 2
Hi,

Is there any plan to support real audio .ram file?  Thanks!
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 12 years ago
We would love to support every format possible...  Do you have a sample URL we could use?
Fixed

song and artist info isnt showing

mandoman12 13 years ago updated by Robert 4 years ago 3
neither free or paid version is showing any type of song info anymore. Droid X
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 13 years ago
This highly depends on the particular station you are listening to.  Some stations don't put track information on their broadcasts.  Could you provide the particular station you are having issues with?
Acknowledged

[IDEA] Fixing buttons which are too sensitive

Nanren 8 years ago updated 8 years ago 2

Hi

I'm creating an idea to the developer about the buttons in the player which are so sensitive. I can easly press the wrong button. Before, the button area looks like this

Image 79

This is how it should get fixed, as shown in green lines. Edited with PicPick image editor

Image 80

Answer
Rodrigo (Developer) 8 years ago

Hi Evildog,

we're still working on it for next release.

Thanks.

Best,

Fixed

Beta Force Close on Incredible (1st gen)

jediguy 12 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago 0
I've spent a few days with the beta on my Droid Incredible (1st gen), Android 2.3.4 and think it's wonderful thus far.  I've only noticed one issue so far.  The app has force closed when trying to launch it one time thus far.  I know there are still quite a few things you're working on with the beta, but just wanted to pass this along.  Keep up the good work.  Can't wait for the stable version!
Answer

Thanks for the feedback for the beta project. This is a super delayed reply but as you have noticed this issue has been resolved.

Under review

transmitting info over bluetooth

Rick Birkett 11 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago 0

My stereo transmitted info over 4.1.2, but nothing over 4.2.2

Answer

Are you still using the same device? What device do you have?

Completed

120 minute sleep timer

aritchie 12 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 12 years ago 1
I really miss the 120 minute sleep timer.  There's a 2-hour radio show I listen to at 11pm on Saturday nights and I usually set the sleep timer to shut XiiaLive off at 1, even if I have fallen asleep in the meantime.  Please could you bring it back?  60 minutes is not long enough.  Thank you. 

Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 12 years ago

Sleep timer now supports max 120 min on XiiaLive v3.0.0.01!