Welcome to the official XiiaLive support forum! You can ask questions and get direct support from the developer.

Please note that we are a team with one developer and one graphics designer. We like to personally answer posts but aren't always able to do so as quickly as we would like to. In order to help us become more efficient, please follow the steps below when posting new questions, ideas or bugs.

Please post under one of the following:

QUESTIONS OR IDEAS
If you have a question or idea, start by typing it in the box provided and search below under similar topics to see if you can find an answer. If you don’t find an answer then simply post a new question or idea.

BUGS
If you spotted a bug and you want to let us know about it, first try searching for OPEN bug posts with similar issues and add any details you think might help us with it. Also, make sure to up vote the OPEN bug post so we know how critical it is. If no OPEN bug posts are found simply post a new one.

Posting new bugs

When you post new bugs please give us as many details as you can! This will help us resolve issues quickly and easily.

Common details we need:
  1. What device do you have?
  2. What OS version is it running?
  3. What happened?
  4. What did you expect to have happened?
  5. What steps reproduce the issue?

Don't have the app yet? Get XiiaLive or XiiaLive Pro now for Android! Or get XiiaLive for iOS!
Not a bug

Onda Cero Stations Spain

Anonymous 14 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 13 years ago 0
Hi,
I usually listen to Onda Cero, a Spanish stations net. Since right this morning, October the 28th, it doesn't work but it does at Shoutcast.
Help, please.
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 13 years ago
Are you still having issues with this station? I have searched onda cero and found couple radios and they all worked... please let me know! Thanks!
Answered

include my website in the stream

Ariel Pena 8 years ago updated by Rodrigo (Developer) 8 years ago 5

I have my a website Theonlinebeatz.com that I will like to add and stream via the application. The site created an XMl list vie a PHP file for example

http:\\theonlinebeatz.com/music/bachata points to

http:\\theonlinebeatz.com/music/bachata/autoplaylist.php witch returns the XML playlist. what time of file does the player reads, and if I have to make changes on the site to be able to accomplish this I am whling to do this.

Answer
Rodrigo (Developer) 8 years ago

Hi Ariel,

you should use a m3u or pls playlist with mp3 or aac stream.

Please let me know another question that you have.

Best,

Not a bug

Server Offline

Jake Czebiniak 12 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago 0
I am running version 2.2.4 on a Droid X [Android 2.3.3] and have a few stations that just started giving 'server offline' as the error and have not loaded in almost 3 days.  One of the stations is 'The Healing Fire'.  Is there something I am doing wrong?  Thanks in Advance.
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago

Some stations URLs go stale because the broadcast moved to a new server or simply the broadcast IP changed. This happens very rarely but in cases when it happens it is recommended to delete the favorite station and try re-adding it.

Answered

No British stations

robert snoddy 10 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 10 years ago 1
I search for UK stations ie classic fm and BBC radio 1,2,3,4 & 5 and nothing comes up??????
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 10 years ago
Now with XiiaLive using the UberStations directory you should be able to find those station.
Answered

Other directories?

fantasma 11 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 10 years ago 0
Are there gonna be any more directories in the future, like icecast, jazzradio.com, etc? I really want to get rid of tunein radio from my apps because it's inferior in most ways to xiia, but I like the extra stations so I still use it occasionally. Not complaining, just wondering. It would make an already awesome app awesome-er :p
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 10 years ago

Thanks for your feedback! We currently have 3 directories as you might have seen. We do want to add icecast very soon however their APIs aren't great so it is a bit hard to implement their directory. I will look into jazzradio.com directory.

Fixed

XiiaLive Pro App is an older version in the Amazon App Store. Crashes in Android 4.3.

Bill MinMD 11 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago 0

I am running Android 4.3 on a Nexus 4. I have purchased XiiaLive Pro from the Amazon App Store. The latest version they have is v3.0.1.2. This causes XiiaLive Pro to show a pop-up and says XiiaLive has crashed, but it stays running. I contacted Amazon, and they said you have to update the app and get it approved by them. I know the latest version is v3.0.2.5, but they do not have it on their app store. So now, I can't use XiiaLive Pro, which I've paid for.

Answer

Thanks for your feedback. We are actually finishing the update for Amazon. It has just taken a little while to adapt it. Thanks for your patience.

Answered

Favorites list on my others devices ?!

robert gustafsson 11 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago 0
Wy can't i see my favorites list on other device ! Account setting !
Answer

At the moment we don't support cloud storage of your favorite stations and songs. However, we are working to provide this feature hopefully very soon.

Under review

How do I change the order my favorites are listed in?

jstraw 13 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 13 years ago 0
Self-explanatory.
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 13 years ago
Currently there is no way to change the order in which favorites are shown.  As of now it orders them by total play count. Most played would show at the top of the list.

We do have plans to add filters to change the order.  In particular what ordering filter options would you like to see?
Under review

Timeout on WiFi

Jake Le 11 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago 0

Keep getting timeout on wifi. Please consider increasing the app connection timeout value.   It's too short. The app works fine on mobile/cellular network. 

Answer

The timeout value is set at 10 seconds as default. This allows the smart recovery to quickly retry a connection without loosing any audio data. Is the smart recovery not working when it timeouts? The timeout value can be changed on XiiaLive Pro but I'll look at the default set value to see if it could be larger.