Welcome to the official XiiaLive support forum! You can ask questions and get direct support from the developer.

Please note that we are a team with one developer and one graphics designer. We like to personally answer posts but aren't always able to do so as quickly as we would like to. In order to help us become more efficient, please follow the steps below when posting new questions, ideas or bugs.

Please post under one of the following:

QUESTIONS OR IDEAS
If you have a question or idea, start by typing it in the box provided and search below under similar topics to see if you can find an answer. If you don’t find an answer then simply post a new question or idea.

BUGS
If you spotted a bug and you want to let us know about it, first try searching for OPEN bug posts with similar issues and add any details you think might help us with it. Also, make sure to up vote the OPEN bug post so we know how critical it is. If no OPEN bug posts are found simply post a new one.

Posting new bugs

When you post new bugs please give us as many details as you can! This will help us resolve issues quickly and easily.

Common details we need:
  1. What device do you have?
  2. What OS version is it running?
  3. What happened?
  4. What did you expect to have happened?
  5. What steps reproduce the issue?

Don't have the app yet? Get XiiaLive or XiiaLive Pro now for Android! Or get XiiaLive for iOS!

Which kind of wake lock does Xiia Live Pro invoke?

Sascha Zimmer 10 years ago updated by Mossan 10 years ago 1
Buffer underruns caused by connection losses seem to be fewer when my Nexus 5 is manually put in screen_dim_wakelock mode while running Xiia Live Pro on longer road trips. These dropouts seem sometimes to be caused by slow cell handovers within mobile networks, or when changing into areas with different coverage (e. g. from 4G to 3G or even EDGE/GPRS or vice versa) but as well by local network gaps. I know Xiia uses some kind of wakelock, but I still got the subjective impression that putting the device into the relatively alert state as described above, the phone goes through the mobile network changes in a more swift way, reducing the dropouts in number and length. So I wonder whether this is a valid observation or just caused by chance?

Well designed and reliable

jediguy 13 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 12 years ago 0

After trying numerous android radio streaming apps, I can say from experience that Xiia Live offers the best and most reliable solution for android radio streaming.  With the massive library of Shoutcast and the ability to add any url, the possibilities are endless.  Other radio streaming apps such as Retro Radio and Shoutcast's very own app (Winamp) are nowhere near as reliable.  In my experience, even the high profile TuneIn Radio loses streams more often than Xiia.  Keep up the good work developers!

Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 12 years ago

It's always nice to hear compliments when so much effort is put on an app! :)

Thanks for your feedback! :)  

Answered

Can the "volume bar" on XIIAlive adjust the volume more than 100 percent?

Qboy61 12 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago 0

This is a somewhat technical question.  In other words...  Will the XIIAlive volume control take the digital amplitude beyong maxbit?  All MP3s (and streams) have a digital maximum and I don't want to add gain (causing distortion digitally).  If so is there a way to lock the volume at 100% (no digital gain)?

See VLC on the computer (any OS).  It adds up to 6dB (200%) and sounds horrible if you accidentally hit the application's volume control beyond 100%.  There is no point in taking the gain higher than 100% relative to the decoded digital amplitude.  Please XIIAlive, do not ever do this.  :-)

Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago

We don't apply any gain to the streams.  We use the Android media framework and I believe they don't allow to go over 0.0-1.0 volume level.  At least we limit volume from going over 1.0 even dough I believe Android doesn't allow going over 1.0 volume level anyways. Locking the volume at 100% would mean setting the player volume all the way up and using the phones external volume controls.

Yes, I don't like ether what VLC does with their volume control. Don't worry won't be doing anything like that! :)

Planned

Speech preset for equlizer

ilgaz nsa 12 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 12 years ago 0
Noticed you added dance etc. in sound preferences (equiliser), an additional speech/ talk setting would be nice.
While on it, a "normalizer" would be a great selling feature for "plus".
Answer
Thanks for the suggested presets. Also, the audio normalizer option would be a great one to have.  We will set this request as planned. Thanks!
Planned

Player page remove fav station button not active until station starts playing

Emre Burhan 9 years ago updated 9 years ago 4
I have many stations registered as favorites and sometimes it's useful to do a full sweep to remove stations that are broken from favorites. The button to remove from favorites is not activated until the station starts playing and the whole sweep can take forever..
It would be great if the button activates as soon as the station is changed.
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 9 years ago
Ah! Video perfectly made sense! Thanks for making the video.

Ok, so this is technically not a bug it is just how things are processed internally. The main issue is caused by a delay to trigger playback for the next station. It is actually related to the other post you had here:
http://support.xiialive.com/topic/553769-notification-sounds-are-delayed/

So removing this delay the issue should be gone. Also, this delay shouldn't be applied to the player's prev/next buttons, only to Bluetooth devices.
Under review

Stream url reported as invalid by Xiaalive

mrmond 13 years ago updated by Tim M 13 years ago 2
I have a shoutcast url that works fine in windows media player,VLC and shoucast radio boards in second life. however XiaaLive says it's invalid format,even though I cand connect to the server in a webbrowser and see my status and songlist.any ideas ?
Answer
Tim M 13 years ago
Could you let me know the url you are trying to add?
It might be that its not supported by xiialive yet.
Under review

Beta: Lockscreen widget displays Pause icon while streaming but the function is actually Stop

Doug David 12 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 12 years ago 4
Beta: Lockscreen widget displays Pause icon while streaming but the function is actually Stop
Answer
Cool! Thanks for the info! Are you running the beta with ads showing?  I had a bug for that version with the button states.  I'm putting a new update hopefully today or tomorrow...
Answered

ASX format NOT working for android 2.3.x Xiialive v2.2.4

virtual6650 12 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago 3
Mine Smarthphone is Android 2.2.x and happy user of Aiialive v2.2.2; i listen a lots stream of "http://www.hindiwood.com/radio/" for example http://www.hindiwood.com/radio/amor/amor.htm.
Recently bought new smartphone for mine wife android 2.3.x and with Aiialive v2.2.4 can not play this ASX format, error "invalid url".

Any help ?
Thanks Jack
Under review

Internal Stream Engine Service

jediguy 13 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 13 years ago 4
I think the internal stream engine is a great feature, however after streams are stopped, it's service continues to run in the background.  As a result the app's memory footprint stays larger even when it's not streaming.  When using the android streaming engine, Xiia Live stops all it's services when the stream is stopped.
Answered

Norwegian channels

Rune Larheim 11 years ago updated by Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago 0
Why isn't there more Norwegian channels in the app? Can you please add some more, like Klem FM, P4, NRK etc.?
Answer
Jona (Lead Developer) 11 years ago

Thanks for your feedback. Please try our new XiiaLive directory UberStations. It might have some stations SHOUTcast directory doesn't have.

Worst comes you can't find the station on the provided directories. You might be able to find them using the following suggestions.

http://support.xiialive.com/topic/285095-last-resort-search-for-your-favorite-station/