Please note that we are a team with one developer and one graphics designer. We like to personally answer posts but aren't always able to do so as quickly as we would like to. In order to help us become more efficient, please follow the steps below when posting new questions, ideas or bugs.
Please post under one of the following:
QUESTIONS OR IDEAS
If you have a question or idea, start by typing it in the box provided and search below under similar topics to see if you can find an answer. If you don’t find an answer then simply post a new question or idea.
If you spotted a bug and you want to let us know about it, first try searching for OPEN bug posts with similar issues and add any details you think might help us with it. Also, make sure to up vote the OPEN bug post so we know how critical it is. If no OPEN bug posts are found simply post a new one.
Posting new bugsWhen you post new bugs please give us as many details as you can! This will help us resolve issues quickly and easily.
Common details we need:
- What device do you have?
- What OS version is it running?
- What happened?
- What did you expect to have happened?
- What steps reproduce the issue?
Don't have the app yet? Get XiiaLive or XiiaLive Pro now for Android! Or get XiiaLive for iOS!
I.e. italian version is translated at only 50% (by some software and not human it seems) and translation's quality is very crappy.
It would be really nice to be able to choose english language in application settings.
Thanks for your feedback! This is an area we really like to expand very soon! We have some great ideas and hope we can have them implemented very soon.
- Update v2.1.8 will have option to share the entire tag list.
- v2.1.8 no supports sharing all your tags.
- v2.1.9 is out and adds share all option for tags.
I am big fan of internet radios. I already have 5 apps and constantly looking into perfect one and you almost there :)
I use android 4.1.2 tablet at home to manage them and my prefer display is landscape mode.
- Obligatory put a poster of the current artist when it's playing (just like Tunein radio app) if poster is not available then poster of radio station.
- fetch lyrics - TuneWiki app is doing this very good and the way they display it in landscape mode is perfect!
- fetch other artist info like albums etc, maybe some small wiki addon on separate screen
- this is crazy but... have a look in youtube for video clip if it exist for what is played right now in case I want to see it (you might have it in more info section that initially is not displayed)
- ability to record station (or is it already there?) and scheduled recording would be veeery cool!
- cool & not necessary: visualization like winamp PC version has so either small one as part of info or full screen one (phones and tablets getting more and more powerful) and you can make it as addon on market so not need to buff the standard version.
- quick access to favorite stations (I usually switch between 4) If you concern about lack of display space then have them available like menu in the landscape mode but from left side (keep menu on right)
- skins as addons - make it easy to create your own skin. You will be blown away by what users can do for you for free ;)
- cool & not necessary: remember streams of last 3 stations. I love the way you visually display what is played and how you can swipe through stream but sometimes I switch to other station to check what they play and when I switch back the stream info is gone. Would be great to keep it specially if I already have like 30 min in a buffer?
- display station schedule what's coming in 10 min etc if info available from radio station (like on tunein website althou their app don't show it - shame)
Thanks guys and you're my favorite radio app!
All the best to all your team!
Thanks for the extensive set of suggestions!
Here are some of the answers to your suggestions.
- Would love to have album art, it just costs a lot of money but we are already thinking on how to resolve that.
- Lyrics is a nice touch but as of now all our resources are set to improve streaming stability and UI development. However, this feature hopefully can be added in the near future.
- Great idea. Having more details about what is playing would be nice feature to have.
- Great idea. Currently you can click a history song item or a tag item this shows you can option to search. The search allows you to select youtube.
- This is an option we already started thinking about :) specially for tablets.
- Interesting idea. Again this is a great option specially for tablets.
- Skins is something I would like to expand on. I need someone with that experience to help out! :) I would love to allow developers to create skins for xiialive!
- This is interesting idea. Since radios are live it would be a bit hard to resume a previously played station without hearing gaps or skips in the audio. I think having a preview option, to allow previewing a station without stopping what you are playing could possibly be a good option.
- TuneIn has a great directory and set of information. This data we don't have with SHOUTcast directory. Maybe in the near future we will have this info.
Again thanks for all your feedback and ideas!
If I subscribe to a radio station for better listening, and it requires a password or a special feed, is there a way to connect with XiiaLive?
Juts one more thing from me regarding favorites It's nice the way it categorizes the stations I picked but would be nice to switch into "folder" mode in a sense that I would like to be able to create a folder like sky.fm and put all sky.fm radios I like in there and for example DI folder for Digital imported.
You might keep the current favorites if it's working for others, just consider adding alternative way that you might switch in settings.
Definitively a great idea. I think having a folders feature that is separate from genre/category would be good to have.
I think adding an option to view by Genre or by folders would be good to have.
I always listen to music via Bluetooth(A2DP) in my car. When I turn off my car the radio will carry on playing via the phone's speaker.
Otherwise this app is superb. Keep it up!!!
Служба підтримки клієнтів працює на UserEcho